Wine.com.au appreciates the importance of your privacy & security.
This policy outlines our personal information management practices, including the personal information we collect and hold, how we collect and hold it, the purpose for which we collect personal information.
1. What kinds of personal information do we collect?
The personal information that we collect, and hold include things such as your name, date of birth, email address, telephone number, demographic information, postcode, loyalty numbers, what, how and when you buy from us or have expressed interest in wine.com.au, your stated or likely product and solution preferences. To complete an online purchase, you will also need to provide information such as your credit and debit cards.
Depending on the situation, we may collect or hold other personal information.
2. How do we collect your personal information?
We collect personal information when:
- You register with us; create a customer or company account or to send you information
- You engage and communicate with us online or offline
- Complete a contact form or call to enquire, submit a complaint
- You participate in our promotions, competitions, testimonials, surveys, and focus groups
This website utilises cookie technology in order to facilitate your online order and experience. Wine.com.au cookie data is not accessible or used by any member of wine.com.au staff, nor by any third party.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies on our cookies settings page here.
3. Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
This website uses SSL encryption to ensure that your personal information and transaction payment information is kept secure.
Wine.com.au uses personal information or other information provided by you via this website to;
- Service your order
- Learn about your preferences to ensure we promote products and services that will be relevant to your interests, improving your overall experience
- We may periodically send promotional emails and SMS about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. You can unsubscribe from receiving promotional and offer related communications at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in our emails. You can also contact wine.com.au directly to unsubscribe, by calling or emailing email@example.com
- To assist in investigating enquiries or complaints
- We do not sell to or supply your information to third parties except in order to facilitate our services to you. An example of a situation where we may share your personal information with third parties is providing your name and address to a courier company so they may deliver your order. Another example is an information technology provider being able to see your personal information while performing maintenance on this website.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
4. How can you enquire, access and adjust your personal information?
If you wish to access to any of your personal information we hold (except in the limited circumstances recognised by applicable legislation), or if you have any questions regarding our Privacy and Security Policy, or would like to receive further information on our privacy and security, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can write to us:
ATT: Privacy Officer
L2, 39 Jones St
Ultimo NSW 2007
We may require proof of identity before providing your requested personal information.
5. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.